Saturday, August 22, 2009

Trip to Utah

Toward the middle of July my wonderful husband Jared watched over the kids, so that I could have a weekend away to visit my Mom and two Sisters in Salt Lake. My sister Emily and I drove down together, here are some highlights from the trip:

Heading out...


A wind loving horse...

He'd move his head up and down the way we would our hands out the window.

Lake view along the way...


A not so nice view before we hit Montana curves...


Good old Montana curves...


Pedal to the metal, but running low on gas...

We were on the edge of our seats, with the AC off as long as we can stand it, so that we could make it to the next gas stop.

Beautiful weather and nice scenery...


The Hitching Post?...town of Melrose, stopping for gas...


OUT OF ORDER gas pump...how does that happen!!!

Don't worry, we made it to Dillon.

A beautiful sight, I love the Idaho Falls Temple...

Stopped for lunch and a good stretch.

Softly evening approaches...


Only in Utah...

CTR bumper sticker.

Getting there!!


Night announces itself just as we arrive...


First we visit my sister Melanie and her kids in Ogden...

Can you tell we are twins?

Us girls: My mom (with nephew Caleb), sisters Emily & Melanie and me.


My sister Melanie's kids:
Squeezing my nephew Ethan, he's the same age as Owen.


Next comes Noah, a blond like Tanner and yes the same age.


Little Logan...


And the baby, Caleb. He's such a cutie.


Got my hair colored and cut!

Did low lights and cut some bangs, haven't had them since I was eight.

Of course it was through Paul Mitchell, saved some $.


Had a classic girls night out at the Olive Garden...


Um, didn't have any other pics, so here we are eating!






My dish was so good, I tend to order something with noodles and chicken...


Capital building on our way to hike the Ensign Peak...


Buddy, my Mom & Ron's bird, came along too...

This bird talks some and actually laughs, its pretty cool.

This wasn't so funny...

Having the impression that the hike was easier, Mel didn't bring a carrier. So they had to cart a baby in a car seat all the way up.

The Ensign Peak...




Me, my Mom and brother Ty (with Buddy)...


Emmy and I at the top...


What a view! Very worth the hike up...


My Mom and her husband Ron...

This is actually where he proposed to her, this very spot.

Dressed up for church, why not get a picture...


The Conference Center...


SO HUGE, hadn't seen it before...


The podium, made from President Hinckley's tree...


Us girls at the Visitors Center...


A cool picture I captured...

This little girl happened to be standing like this when I took the shot, its really sweet the way she's looking up at Christ.

Airport Goodbyes, on my way home...


A flight menu...too bad the flight was short...

Flew Southwest, usually have the cheapest tickets.

Didn't get a window seat, but I did get pics...


Just had to zoom a little, I love the views.



It was a good trip, I had a great break and enjoyed the boys being happy to see me for a change when I got back. :)

3 comments:

Stephani said...

Awesome, love all the pictures! Looks like you guys had tons of fun!

Renee' P said...

What a great trip! Lots of new memories to take w/you.
LoVE the new hair-do! You are gorgeous as always!

Joann said...

First of all, I wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday today! And to Melanie but I can't ever get a hold of her. And she's in Utah now? I can't keep up. Anyways, I hope you had an awesome day, I wish I was there to take you somewhere myself of watch the kids for you. I've been thinking about you all day and hoped you had a good one, Happy Birthday.
I loved the picture of the Salt Lake sign because you can see the bug guts all over the windshield. Hahahahaha, that was so funny. I also liked how you captured the good moments with the bad. Melanie and Emily hiking that car seat up, ugh, that would be horrible. And I really really liked the picture of the little girl looking up at Jesus. I'm glad you were able to get away and I can just picture the welcome you got when you came home!!!!