Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Serving in Young Womens

In my ward at church I am lucky enough to get to work with the young women as the 1st Counselor. I work specifically with the Miamaids (14-15 yr olds) and I love it! Its my girls night every week, some quality time with other feminine emotions like mine. lol Don't get me wrong, I love having a house full of boys (most of the time) haha, but I need my girl time too. And the Lord knows this, so I get to be in Young Womens!


We have a fun crazy night at the beginning of the year called New Beginnings. A night to welcome the upcoming Beehives (12 yr olds) into our group and to talk about what Young Womens is all about. We also get to introduce our New Years mutual theme! This year it is Arise and Shine Forth, from D&C 115:5. I had this fun idea to make pillowcases, a physical reminder to arise and shine as an example to others every day, to be more like Jesus Christ! It was crazy fun making them. I had a lot of help; I didn't have to sew them but I did pick out the fabric, pin them and put the theme on each one after they were made! I'm glad its done and so happy the girls each got one. Here is what they look like:



We made 25 pillowcases! Wowzah!



New Beginnings was tonight, and it went really well! It was laid back and fun, and the girls all had a chance to help out with it in some way. They all helped with Chase too, he got to come since the other boys had wrestling practice, and they even helped dress him up! haha



The girl I never had. lol He was very patient while they did this. This is what happens when you work with young women and have only boys to bring along. :) They all love this baby, he gets passed around at church and activities, and often times fought over. lol

New Beginnings was a lot of fun, but so glad its over!

2 comments:

The Conant Family said...

Those pillow cases turned out great! I bet the girls love them!

Stephani said...

Hahaha, love the last picture. :)
Cute idea, doesn't surprise me that you came up with it. :)